A few weeks ago during our Sunday night cultural worship people gathered around and prayed for those going to work with American peoples around the globe. This was such a special time for people to hold my hand and pray over me and the work that God is doing around the globe. During the prayer as peoples' hands were placed on my arms and shoulders, I felt a little hand on the small of my back. By estimating the placement and size of the hand I determined that it must be a child, and throughout the prayer the child squirmed and moved about.
At the end of this prayer I was overcome with the blessing of being prayed for. It's such an intimate thing when people surround you in prayer and intercede to the Lord for you. Another time I felt this blessing was when I was in the Amazon and people prayed over my call to missions. I finally looked down to discover who the squirming culprit was, and it was a little boy. He looked up at me with such a serious face and grabbed onto my leg and gave me the biggest hug. My heart of course melted and maybe I even teared up a little. I was reminded of God's word when he tells us to have faith like a child. I was blessed because I could tell by the look on his face that he had been praying for me in that moment. How beautiful is it to have a faithful child to intercede for me? How amazing is it that God creates all of us big and little to desire to come before him and make our request known?
Later on I told the little boy's mother of the event, and she smiled and assured me that he will keep on praying for me because he's such a prayer warrior. One day in their house church he prayed boldly for all of the people in the city where he's going to know the name of the Lord, even in the time frame of one day! Do I pray like this? Do I intercede for others with the faith and power that the Lord has given us? I hope I do (and pray I do)!
Please keep praying for me because I need you guys to! The evil one hates us, and he hates what I'm going to go do. Pray that the Lord will give me the grace and faith to trust him in all things. Pray that the Lord is making pathways in Spain right now, so that others may know the powerful name of Jesus and so that they may believe.
I always love hearing from you guys. Let me know how I can pray for you.
Taryn
Taryn, I love reading your updates. We are in prayer of your time there at FPO. I had a tear or two about your story of the little boy praying for you. How precious is that! Mucho amor, Verna
ReplyDeletePraying for you sweet girl. I love your updates. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteGreat story, Taryn. I hope some of our folks can pray over you like that when you're home for Christmas - just before you head to the field.
ReplyDeleteJohn McCallum