Each day I am increasing in my walking ability and also in my energy. I definitely have times when I am reminded of my limits and how there are still things I have to conquer. One of those things is endurance with my energy and the distance that I can walk. Walking is smoother, but I'm still slow.
Recently I went to a periodontist to follow up on some gum recession I have. This is due to the surgery that was done in my mouth to fix my jaw. It's also due to the amount of time that I had my mouth wired shut and the recession that occurs because of inability to clean teeth thoroughly. The periodontist will do a skin graft in my mouth March 15th and then follow up with me on the 25th to ensure that everything heals as it should. This procedure is to prevent issues in the future with infection that could go into my jaw bone or make me loose teeth.
To some extent this was a disappointment because I wanted so badly to be in Spain in March. Despite the necessity of having this procedure done I'm not sure if the middle of March would have been possible anyways. Even though I am rapidly healing there's just more that has to heal. My right leg is still nicely bruised and my legs swell on a regular basis (not near as much as before!) I have to constantly remind myself of how blessed I am. It's hard when I look around and see other people that won't ever be the same as before, yet I am blessed that most things will be normal for me again.
Even though I have things that may be permanent like numbness in my lips, feet, legs, and knees, it's all fairly minor considering where I've come from. I have more good days than bad, but when I have bad days I do have a good cry. God can handle all of our emotions, and he is with us despite our disappointments and heartaches. I so badly want to be in Spain, and I feel guilty for not being there. I have to stop and realize that God is completely in control. Nothing that has happened has surprised him. All I can do is keep at work on the mission field I have here. There are plenty of people here that I have yet to hear about Christ, so we must continue to tell people.
I think I also have times where I'm not expecting to be in pain, but it still exists. Not nearly as much as before, but it's still there at night or especially when the weather changes. They should hire me on the weather station because I'm fairly in tune with the weather these days! This is just another one of those things I have to accept in the midst of my healing, and that there may be pain for quite some time.
Please pray that I stay encouraged and that I will remain strong even if I don't make it to Spain until April. I just have to be honest with myself about some of these limitations and let time heal. Pray that I take advantage of the time I have here and take advantage of learning more Spanish. I go to the Hispanic Bible study at my church now. It's good for me :) I'll continue to keep everyone updated, and hopefully as of now I'll still be able to finish my training in Virginia March 8-11. I may have to get airport help (haha) but I am waiting until this coming Monday to get clearance to go from my doctor. Always let me know ways to pray for you and I am so thankful for your prayers!
In Him,
Taryn
love the updates.
ReplyDeletepraying for you!
I'll be so glad when you get here too! I miss you so much! En serio, espero tu sabes cuanto que te quiero, linda.
ReplyDelete