Sunday, January 30, 2011

Will I See You Again?

The task before me is hard. Seems impossible. One of my friends E and I have gotten to know each other very well. We see each other often. We talk about life. We discuss relationships, guys, family, religion, work, travel, music, movies, and just about anything else you can think of. We both love fashion and many times you can find us looking over a magazine together. I am honest with her if I have a bad day, and she shares the same with me. We laugh about the craziness of life together. Lament over the sad things of this world. We seem fairly similar on the outside. Girls in their twenties trying to figure out this life. Only difference is, I follow Christ.

It's quite the difference actually. You see, E doesn't appear to need anything. She's attractive, has a boyfriend whenever she wants, friends she loves, hobbies, good work, and a life she enjoys. She doesn't know she's missing something. Even when we've talked about Christ, she gives no indication that something is missing in her world.

So I keep being myself and praying that Christ shines through me. I pray that I'm honest with her always and show her that I'm human just like everyone else. But I beg the Lord to let her see she's lost. Let her see she needs something more. I pray that my presence is a blessing to her. That the times we see each other are times when she can let her guard down, be herself. Share life.

A battle wages when we are together. It's in another realm, but I am very aware of it. She has no idea it's around her. I pray for the strength to show truth in love. There is a battle over her soul, and Satan is trying to keep her blinded.

Sometimes when we are just sitting with each other not exchanging words, I pray. I ask in my head, "will I see you again?" Will I see E in heaven? I've imagined it a thousands times now. We see each other because we are both finally home in heaven. We embrace and I am so excited to see her there because I'll have left Spain not knowing whether or not she'd ever know Christ. We can talk clearly to one another. We laugh about the language mistakes I used to make and we smile over the friendship we built. I look at her and tell her that I prayed for her to know Truth. And she smiles because she knows her Savior. I am blessed because I got to be a small part in her coming to know my Jesus.

Pray with me for E. I pray that when we are in heaven I can introduce you to her, and you too can tell her that you prayed for her to become your sister. A reunion I desperately hope for after this life is over. Our labor is in prayer, and I need you to pray for E. Thank you for remembering my friend.

Laboring for Him,
Taryn

3 comments:

  1. Thanking God for your heart and praying for E's salvation. I suspect God is using you more than you, Taryn.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifting her up with you!
    Love,
    The Bowmans

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will pray for E and her most important decision in her life and that the Holy Spirit will convict her. We pray that you two will rejoice in Heaven together :)

    ReplyDelete