Monday, April 25, 2011

April Update-Four Stories You Can't Miss!

Houses upon Houses

One thing that has been a constant prayer request at my team’s weekly prayer meetings is that homes would open up for Bible studies and house churches to start. It really is best when the people being taught are hosting these studies at their home. Why? you may ask. Well, for several reasons. After we are gone, if they are already having the meetings at their home they are more likely to continue to meet because they won’t be relying on another place to meet. Also if new believers are opening up their homes, their friends will be more than likely to go and hear God’s word in the house of a good friend than in the house of a stranger.

With that said, we have been praying and praying. There was a family that was a prospect, but after many failed attempts at meeting with them, members of my team decided it was best to leave them alone. If and when they were ready to start a church in their home they could. So after months and months of waiting for homes, homes were finally made available.

At Pablo and Carmen’s weekly Bible study at their home, one woman spoke to Carmen. She told Carmen that she had been thinking about having the Bible study at her home every once and awhile. After this two other people insisted that they have the study at their homes as well! The best thing about this is that Pablo and Carmen hadn’t mentioned them opening up their homes, They decided upon this themselves! Praise God for these homes and please pray that through these Latin Americans, they can tell their friends about Christ.

A House of Peace

Our friend came over again last night to spend the night. We talked a lot and laughed about life. And we talked about serious things. We were even able to get out the Bible and share some truth with this friend and explain why we believe what we believe. What a way to spend Easter evening! Sharing truth and love with a friend who needs it so badly!

After some time this friend repeated the same thing that she has said before, “This house is different. something about it is different.” Brook and I knowingly look at each other and told her it’s because we have peace. Her mind settles on this thought and she agrees like she has before, “Yes, you have peace here. It’s different.”

Praise the Father for this opportunity. If you want to hear about the first time she stayed with us you can read my blog “It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to” Pray for this friend to know Christ intimately. She says she knows him, but her life does not reflect this reality. May he shake up her world for forever!

Pray for Me!

Recently I had a great talk with one of my friends. We talked about marriage and what the Bible says about it. And we talked about a tough situation that my friend is going through. After giving her some advice on what would be the best way to handle the situation, I decided to tell her that I would be praying about this situation. You just never know how people will take that comment, but she smiled at me. After a few moments she got worked up again about this situation and exclaimed, “Pray for me!” I was a little stunned to hear this from the girl who is uninterested in church or God. I couldn’t believe it!

I replied back that of course I would and said, “You know I always pray for you, right? I pray for you because you’re my friend.” She smiled and told me how sweet I was. I have these small windows of opportunities and have to take them quickly before they are gone. Pray for this friend to experience God and to know him.

I Heard Your Sound

Some of you may remember my friend that is from outside of Spain and is now living in another country. But not living in her home country. She was talking with Brook a few weeks ago via chat. She told Brook that she was having problems with her phone not working and she went to bed frustrated and not knowing what to do. She said she woke up during the night and could hear “our sound” speaking to her about God and about Christ. So she said she raised her hands in the air and asked God to help her. She said the next morning her phone worked and she contributed it to praying. Go figure huh?

Also she recently recruited us and another worker here, Amy, to pray for her friend who was trying to get a visa to join her husband outside of their home country. So we prayed for this and after her friend got the visa she needed, she wrote all over her webpage that it was because of our prayers. She sees power in our prayers! Pray she knows that it’s only through Christ that our prayers our answered!

Prayer Requests

Legs to heal-specifically my hamstring on my left leg– still discussing these things with the Dr.

For more relationships with Latino students

Praises

Continued therapy for my legs

Continued relationship building

In Him,
Taryn

1 comment:

  1. Hey sweet Taryn! Just catching up on your blog- so fun to read your stories and hear what is on your heart! I am praying for you friend! janna b

    ReplyDelete