Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Hairs of Your Head

Recently because of being put under anesthesia 3 times and because of stress of being in an accident my hair has been falling out like crazy! At first it was somewhat alarming because this has been going on for about a month now. I've now realized it's really not a big deal, even though as a girl I've had to remind myself of this. My hair will grow back and will be thick once again. On that note, it's a good thing I started out with thick hair because I think I'm down to about 1/3 of what I had before!

In the midst of some of the crazy things my body is doing while healing it assures me to know that at any moment God knows the number of the hairs on my head (Matthew 10:30). There isn't a moment that he doesn't know the workings of my body or my mind. We serve such an intimate God. He knows everything about us.

Another passage of scripture related to hair reminded me of what we have to be thankful for. Luke 7:37-38 talks about a sinful woman who comes into where Jesus is dining at the home of a pharisee. As she is crying, she uses her hair to wipe the tears off of Jesus' feet while pouring expensive perfume on him. While I focus on my hair as being important to how I look, I am challenged by the humility this woman uses. I would never have thought to wash someones feet with my own hair! That would be dirty, especially in the time Jesus lived. It would be silly to do that, and why would I use my hair? This woman, however, sees Jesus as he is, her Savior. She humbles herself before him. To her, wiping his feet with her hair didn't matter. He forgave her of her sins, and she was clean on the inside. The most important kind of clean that we can experience.

This past week in Virginia has been amazing as I have finished my training. Since my accident it has been my goal to get back to Virginia for this very reason, and God has granted me to do this. My airport time has gone VERY smoothly. I know many of you must be praying for me, and it is felt. I also just found out that my visa is ready is Houston! Just as we prayed it didn't come too soon or too late. The God of the universe is so intimate that he has taken care of these details in my life. I can't wait to let you guys know when I leave for Spain. Hopefully in another 4-6 weeks I'll be medically released to go. The medical consultation at my training went great. They were such an encouragement and were amazed how quickly I have healed. It's because we've been praying to the great Healer through all of this. Let me know how I can be lifting you up.

In Him,
Taryn

1 comment:

  1. You are such an encouragement Taryn! I love watching God work in your life. It's beautiful! Love you friend!!!!

    Kate Morgan

    ReplyDelete