Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ticketed

Sorry I haven't put up on the blog that I officially have my plane tickets for Madrid! I leave this Thursday (the 15th) around 2:30 pm. I then fly to Chicago to Munich to Madrid. I'll arrive in Madrid around 6 am Arkansas time and 2 pm Madrid time. Unfortunately Brook and I will miss each other. She has a flight that leaves around 11 am... only three hours before I get there! You can imagine our disappointment, but we once again keep our chins up despite having more time apart. Julie Clifton and Brook (along with others) have worked very hard to get Brook and me an apartment and now we have one! I'm not sure if I'll be moving into the apartment right away or not, but I'm sure I'll be posting pics very soon.

I have had quite a bit of reflecting time this past week as I look forward to the work ahead. I am so thankful I am finally going. My desire is to do what God has called me to do, proclaim His name among the nations. Many people have given me words of encouragement and on the front end of everything some people brought to light some things about Jesus beginning his ministry. They gave the insight that before Jesus began his ministry he spent 40 days in the desert fasting (Matthew 4). After these 40 days in the desert he was tempted by Satan. He was tempted by his flesh crying out for food while Satan told Jesus to turn the stones into bread, Satan offered Jesus the world if only he'd bow down to the king of darkness. Jesus fought these temptations with the Word of God. Our daily Bread. I figure if Jesus was in the desert for 40 days fasting before beginning his work for the Father, then I probably needed even more than 40 days to prepare for the ministry I'll be a part of in Spain. I probably need even longer, but God is gracious to send me on anyways.

Pray for me. Pray that I remain in harmony with the Spirit and that I walk boldly with the Father. Pray that Satan's strongholds among people are broken and that hearts are open to the Bread of Life. Satan does not want to see God's victory, but we are desperate for it and pray for it. Pray that I resist temptation as Christ did and that I rebuke the king of lies with the Word of Truth. I'm nervous at times because I wonder if I'll even be of any use in Spain, but I know these thoughts are lies. I know that it's not even me doing the work, I just get to be a part of it. I look forward to updating you all from across the Atlantic. Your prayers are felt.

In Him,
Taryn

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO!!! I can't wait to see the pictures, and I will be praying for your adjustment. I pray you have a long exciting honeymoon period!! I think mine lasted a day here, but this place is a lot less exciting than Spain! I will pray that the trip is also smooth-wow not too much longer and you'll be boarding a plane!

    ReplyDelete