This past week we have had our security training, and I am happy to inform that I lived! Were there moments that I questioned my survival... absolutely. Were there times of fear... sure. I know that some of you who have gone through the training can vouch for what I'm saying and may share some of the same feelings that I have. After the training I became more and more thankful that this security prepartion given to me. It makes me realize how much our lives our valued and how to always represent Christ, no matter our "security" situation.
It's interesting when we look in the Bible and see how many times there are "security threats." I know that no one has seen those words in the Bible, but Paul might describe parts of his life as being in a security threat situation. Jesus Christ was also brought forth on unjust trials where he knew how to answer correctly despite the slander against his name. Thanks for the prayers for this training, and thanks for your giving to Lottie Moon that allows for this training to be paid for and given to me. I know I'm thankful for it (as I'm sure are my parents!).
Please keep me in your prayers as I leave tomorrow at 3 a.m. (yes, 3 a.m.) to fly to Houston to apply for my visa with my friend Meredith. Pray for sleep on the airplane and an easy application processs. Also please keep in your prayers that Brook's paperwork would come so she can go and apply for her visa. You guys are a blessing.
Taryn
Praying for you my sweet girl! Love Mom
ReplyDeleteWhat a title, Taryn! lol. You did indeed live, by the grace of God, and I am SO looking forward to seeing what He has in store for you, my beautiful friend. :)
ReplyDelete