This last year when I was at the Kanakuk Institute one of our speakers encouraged us to journal about the times in our life where we really feel and see God moving. He said to name the journal the fingerprints of God, and we could use it for reference in time of doubt, fear, or worry. I haven't started this journal just yet, but the more and more I experience God the more I realize the necessity it is for us to remember what God does for us. Many times in the Old Testament the works that the Lord had performed were the things that Israel held dear, because those were the times when they could feel him the most. I truly believe we are the same way. I have rich and dry seasons where God is always with me, but I definitely feel him more at different times. I would love to share just a few fingerprints of God's in my life right now.
So, I have to take medicine every day. It's not for anything to serious, but if I don't take it... well, let's just say I feel very sick! This medicine also happens to be very expensive. For me to pay for it while on the field would constantly make a dent in my expenses, and it would be a struggle to pay for it. But, my mom told me today that for certain this drug is going generic! It will go generic in November, and I leave for the field in December. I've been taking this medicine for 5 years, and I truly believe that God knew my needs. He knew I would need this drug to be cheaper before I left the country! Some people may say, oh that insignificant, or oh that coincidence. The God I believe in isn't a God of coincidence. He's intentional and he's personal. He's so intentional and personal that he knew the importance of saving me over $100 a month. This is the God I serve.
Another moment happened today. We were given a spiritual retreat time of 3 hours. If any of you know me, that's a LONG TIME for me to be without contact or without talking to people. Usually when I approach God, I just talk a lot. For me this is a struggle because too often I approach our Father and the King of Kings in such a way that doesn't reflect my reverence for him. So I gave listening a shot, and I decided to try it first instead. I went to my room, sat on my bed and I sat there and sat there and eventually fell asleep. I woke up about 45 minutes later not realizing I had fallen asleep praying (or listening). I was disappointed in my inability to do a simple task of listening. I looked at my phone to look at the time. I saw that I had received a text message from one of my best friends. This friend I am certain is always praying for me, and shares a heart for missions. She has been a constant support and encouragement to me also. All her text said was "Tblocke... how can i be praying for u?" Despite the fact that I can't stay awake and pray for myself, or listen to God, God placed me on my friend's heart. God spoke to her and let her know the importance of interceding for me. How special is that? How extraordinary is that? Once again, some people may say that it's a coincidence, but the God I believe in is THAT intentional and THAT personal.
All of your prayers mean more to me than you know!
Love y'all,
Taryn
A sweet post... thank you. I think having a journal is such a great idea to look back on to remember God's faithfulness! I was just saying to a girl this morning, that it would be neat to have a yearly "rememberance/celebration" when God does something amazing - similar to the Passover - a time when your family celebrates whatever it was that God did how ever many years ago.
ReplyDeleteAnd how neat about the Rx too! Yeah God!
We are praying for you and will continue to stand in the gap for you. You will be blessed with many new friends in Jesus during your training. I promise you will continue to see the Father do amazing things for and through you. It is great that you are going to journal. Each answered prayer or grace given will give you more boldness in your battle against Satan. The light of truth will shine through!!! Don't worry about your Dad I will take care of him while you are gone!
ReplyDeleteTed O.
Taryn,
ReplyDeleteThe women of FBC are praying with and for you. We are helping your Mom with the holiday food baskets.
When you fell asleep, it was ok, didn't the 3 disciples fall asleep when Jesus was praying?
Family News:
Mary has the flu but after 12 days is up and going some; Ryan now has 6 or maybe 7 teeth ( everytime I try to pry his mouth open to count, he clamps down)and when I don't feed him fast enough he grunts, and Lauren is so happy and busy. She asked about you so I'm teaching her to pray for you when she says her nightly prayers.
Take care and I'll keep in touch.
Mrs. H