Fact: I can only take 3 suitcases with me for the next 2 years.
Fact: Early missionaries used to pack their belongings in their coffins... because they weren't coming back.
Conclusion: All things considered, I think I can handle my situation fairly well!
It's amazing to look at the paths that have been made before me, and it's amazing that I get to be a part of making some of these pathways. Lately, I have been reminded the importance of not complaining (even in the midst of visa drama!). What am I really giving up? What am I really sacrificing? When I look back to those who have led the way I am challenged. Would I be willing to pack all I need in my coffin for the sake of following God? What is my commitment to the Gospel being spread around the globe? I am reminded over and over again that "Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses my life for my sake will find it." Matthew 10:39. Am I losing my life for the sake of Christ? I really weigh this out daily. I weigh out the depth of that statement, and if I'm willing to follow in suffering. I can say that those who have lost their lives, even if it's not a physical death, assure me it's worth it. I look forward to daily losing my life for the Lord, because His word tells me that in him I'll find it. What a blessing that is!
Do you want to lose your life? What are you holding on to? My prayer is that we all lose ourselves for the sake of the Word of God. I pray that no matter what this is my first priority (don't worry, I've already told my parents this!). As of now I'm going to a secure location where my life isn't endangered for a specific reason such as sharing the Gospel. What if one day God leads me to a place where I could be in danger? Will I go? Please pray I will because I never want to be outside of the guidance of the Spirit. I know people may start reading this thinking I've lost my mind. I am here to let you know that I probably have! (sometimes I wonder because what I say is what's challenging my heart). All of this is for the advancement of the Kingdom. Once you hear and see about the work around the globe it's impossible to not hunger for people to know the truth. My heart has been given to this, and I just can't fight it. The nations deserve to hear. God loves them enough to send people out.
Training has been great, but a lot of sitting and listening. Pray for alert ears and open hearts. Pray for my teammate Brook. She's still waiting for the necessary documents from Spain to apply for her visa. Pray for an easy visa application process for myself and another girl going to Spain, Meredith. Continue to pray for my team that's already in Spain. They are on my heart daily and please lift them up as well. I'm always excited to hear from you. Any prayer requests let me know or email me.
Love you all!
Taryn
T-Block,
ReplyDeleteI'm so encouraged by your words. Was going through my email, remembered that I hadn't ready your blog yet and wanted a little Taryn update! So glad training is going well. I will be praying for visa situations and for daily encouragement. I'm incredibly excited for you! Just sad that I won't get to see your face this summer!!! miss ya girl! You are the bomb.com double click! :)
Beth Powell