Saturday, October 3, 2009

A little intro

Even though most of the people that will be following this know me, I thought maybe it would be a good idea to introduce myself to some of the people that don't know me. So here it is:

Hello, I am so excited about the call that God has placed on my life for international missions! It is an exciting time for me, and I pray that I use it to bring glory to God’s name. I am a graduate of the University of Arkansas. This past May I received my master’s degree in Youth and Family Ministry through a partnership with John Brown University and the Kanakuk Institute. My hope in acquiring this degree is a biblical preparation for ministry.

My call to missions began when I was seventeen. I had a constant tug on my heart to figure out what I was going to do with my life. God was so faithful to place international missions on my heart, even though I wasn’t sure what that would look like, and the fact that I had not been out of the country yet! The same year I felt a call to missions (my junior year of high school) my mother and I went on our first mission trip to an Indian reservation, Pine Ridge, South Dakota. My eyes were opened to the need here in the U.S., and my heart was opened even more to the world that I had yet to experience. From then on I have been pursuing missions as a lifetime commitment.

At this time I have made a 2 year commitment to missions. I will be in Spain working with Latin American immigrants. The initial goal is to discover where these Latin American immigrants are residing throughout Europe and then to see whether or not the gospel has reached them. It is estimated that 3-4% of Europe’s population consists of these immigrants. One of the encouraging things to know is that Latin Americans are one of the most responsive people groups to the gospel!

This is a basic bio I've been using to introduce myself, so hopefully it was informative! I hope that this blog is a great way for people to stay updated with me, pray for my team and for myself, and ways for everybody to go along with me in my journey!

As of now please pray for the team that is already in Spain. They are trying to figure out their long term living arrangements, and just getting the groundwork started for the job to be done! Also pray for myself and other team members that are stateside because we are working on getting our visas. Let me tell you... it's quite a process! As time goes on I know you all will hear more about these individuals that I'm working with, so please always be praying for them.

Until later,
Taryn

1 comment: