Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's a Good Day

Throughout all of this I have been so blessed with so many good days. Most people get to hear about the good days because those are the days of victory that I so badly want to share with you all. Some days are not so good, and these are the days that I struggle with the Lord while still hearing him calling me onward through all of this. These are also the days that I cry when I think of being in Madrid, and I think of how badly my heart hurts to be there sharing with those people what true life in Jesus Christ is. Despite the days that I cry and no one else sees it, I think it's fairly humorous when people think I'm strong. I trust that the Lord must be making me strong. Isn't it amazing how the Lord carries us even when we're unaware? Isn't is also amazing that my heart so badly wants to share true life with others, and in a strange way I've been given the opportunity to do that with people here since my wreck?

God is absolutely good, and he knows what's best to bring his name fame and glory. So each day I have to choose his fame over my desires and wants. Most days I just pray that I have a small capacity to accept these recent events and the delay in going overseas. Today I do want to share my walking victory with you again by video in spite of some of those hard days that are still ahead. As you can see in the video and as stated in a previous blog I'm supposed to wear these large black boots for support (and of course for fashion... ugh, yeah right!). And also I was able to walk some without the boots. I could feel how weak I still was and that my calves and ankles have alot of work to do. Please pray that these will heal quickly so I can finish my training March 8-11 and be in Spain by the end of March. I'm hoping to upload a video of me walking for the first time. My parents were there with me, and at one point my mom says to me, "It's good day Taryn Elizabeth!" It really is a good day, isn't it?

Carried by your prayers,
Taryn


6 comments:

  1. Hey girl. Thanks for the note. We think about you all the time too. I can relate so much with what you're saying--the Lord's strength, good days and bad days--its all so familiar. Funny how our lives are so different, and so much the same.
    We are SO proud of you. You are a wonderful inspiration to people through the strength and might of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUZZAH! Oh Taryn, thank you for this. It's wonderful to see YOU and your legs a'movin'. Love you and may God continue to bless you with strength and healing in those hot legs! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taryn - I'm a thinker, not a feeler, but I cry pretty much every time I read your blog. What a wonderful thing to see how God has had his hand upon you. Someone in church today commented on how there were people praying for him from probably every time zone around the world. Well, you just might have that too! Love you tons girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! I have complete faith that you will be running in no time. :) I know your heart is aching to be in Spain right now but I can't help but think about all of the people you are ministering to throughout this journey God has called you to. You are such an inspiration and I pray God will continue to heal you and allow you to move forward. Love you lots!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. HE is so AWESOME!! You are doing so wonderful!!!

    Darsi

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great in the video! What progress. Keep up to good work. I am sure Brook will have all of the kinks smoothed out before you arrive in Spain. We are still praying for you.

    Love you,
    Bob and Nancy

    ReplyDelete